Way back in March 2017 we published the recruitment participation statistics coming out of THN for 2016 and predicted that even at that early stage of the year all indications were that these would be eclipsed! Well now in March 2018 what an interesting story the final 2017 figures tell!
Total participants across all formats: 16,586
- 7,972 came along to a focus groups
- 1,145 took part in an in-depth interview
- 3,214 tested products at a central location
- 959 participated in an online community
- 2,746 received products in home for testing
- 220 completed a multi stage project
- 330 were involved in neuro/eye tracking interviews
So while the total requirement in qual and quant projects increased by 17%, several methodologies in particular saw some huge (and interesting!) percentage swings in both ways…
- Focus Groups – up an eye watering 98%
- IDIs – up 32%
- Online communities – down 41%
- CLT product testing – down 37%
- In Home testing – up 33%
With such a busy and involved panel during 2017, we can’t wait to see what our 2018 figures will reveal!